EARSeL-ESA Training Course on: Click here for Czech version
organised in the framework of the 3rd EARSeL Workshop on Education and Training
Earth Observation from space in the classroom at high schools
Science teachers at high schools are invited to join the 3rd Workshop on Education and Training of the European Association of Remote Sensing Laboratories (EARSeL).
A main theme of the workshop will be a computer-based training course, organized by the European Space Agency (ESA) and EARSeL, on the following topics:
- Introduction to the principles of remote sensing using satellites
- Eduspace, ESA's website for secondary school students, showing how to use earth observation in teaching and learning of many subjects and themes such as Earth from Space, Environmental Issues and Envisat for Schools
- Leoworks, ESA's educational image processing and GIS software for students and teachers.
- BLIF, a remote sensing web application for competence oriented school education, created at the University of Education in Heidelberg
- SEOS, EARSeL's e-learning tutorials for use in geography, biology, physics and mathematics curricula at high schools
The training course will be a mixture of presentations and hands-on exercises. Participants can use their own notebook for exercises through Wireless LAN. Working language is English.
The number of participants at the training course is limited to 30 persons. Registrations will be accepted in chronological order according to available space.
Science teachers register for the workshop in EARSeL's Conference Management System not later than Monday, 16 May 2011.