You can use the Search PDF pane to find words in Adobe PDF files stored on this cd-rom.
Note: To search for words in multiple Adobe PDF documents, open the Adobe Reader application from your desktop rather than within your Web browser window.
Some documents are non-text (scanned papers), you cannot search them.
To search Adobe PDF documents in this cd-rom:
- Open Adobe Reader on your desktop (not in a Web browser window).
- Click the Search tool or choose Edit > Search, and type the word or phrase you would like to search for.
- For the Where Would You Like To Search option, you can select All PDF Documents In, and then select this cd-rom from the pop-up menu.
- Click Search.
The results appear nested under the document names and paths.
Note: If you want to halt a search, click the Stop button.
To review the results of a multiple-document search:
- In the Search PDF pane, click the plus sign (+) next to a document name to expand the list of results for that document.
- Click one of the results. This opens the document, to the appropriate page and highlights
You can sort the results of a multiple-document search in a number of ways. Select
an option from the Sort By menu near the bottom of the Search PDF pane. The results are
listed in the order in which you selected. Results can be sorted by Relevance Ranking,
Date Modified, Filename or Location.