Call for papers: International Journal of Remote Sensing - Special issue on "European Remote Sensing: Progress, Challenges and Opportunities"
Since the launch of Landsat-1 in 1972, many Earth Observation (EO) satellites have been launched including a number of European missions such as ERS-1/2, ENVISAT, TerraSAR-X, Sentinel-1A and Sentinel-2A as well as the planned missions within the Copernicus programme. Using the vast amount of the EO data, European scientists have made significant progress on deriving timely and reliable information to support environmental monitoring, urban planning, land and water resource management, disaster assessment and mitigation, climate change modeling, among others. This special issue intends to bring together a volume of high quality papers that could provide snapshots of the progress, challenges and opportunities of European Remote Sensing. Submissions on the following topics are invited (but not limited to):
- Image processing, analysis and classification
- Multitemporal analysis
- Change detection
- 3D remote sensing
- RADAR Data Processing and Applications
- LiDAR Data Processing and Applications
- Thermal Remote Sensing
- Hyperspectral Remote Sensing
- Land use and land cover
- Land degradation and desertification
- Urban remote sensing
- Agriculture remote sensing
- Forestry and forest fires
- Vegetation dynamics
- Snow, ice and glacier
- Natural and man-made disasters
- Natural and cultural heritage
- Remote sensing for archaeology
- Remote sensing and its associated support to the understanding of climate change
- Hydrological applications: water management, underground water sources, etc.
- Oceans, coastal zones and inland waters
- New instruments and methods
- Validation and accuracy assessment
Format and preliminary schedule
All submissions will be peer reviewed according to the International Journal of Remote Sensing (IJRS) guidelines. Submitted manuscripts should not have been published or be under review elsewhere.
Prospective authors should consult the site http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tres20&page=instructions#.Va_AyeuFMXs for guidelines and information on paper formatting and submission.
Submit your manuscript on https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tres. Please choose 'IJRS Special Issue Paper' from the 'Manuscript Type' picklist on the submission form, irrespective of the paper type (i.e. even if your paper would normally be classified as a Research Letter, Tech Note, Research Paper, or Review Article). Also, please enter "European Remote Sensing" in the space provided on the submission form for the name of the special issue.
IJRS has no page charges, and also does not charge for printing in color, if scientifically necessary. Open access publication is also possible, though a fee is charged for this.
- Full paper submission deadline: December 15, 2015.
- Articles will be available online approximately one month after acceptance, final technical review and the completion of revisions for compliance with journal format.
- Expected print publication date: June, 2016.